Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Activity 2: Overcoming Adversity

When I came to NZ from Nepal for the first time, I was 4 years old and my English wasn't very good. I didn't get outside much, so I didn't have a chance to talk to other people and practice English. I started School. It was difficult for me to understand all the things what teachers said and friend spoke about. My mum used to stay with me for a few hours at my school for translation to me.  One teacher taught me English for a few months at my school. That really helped me to develop the confidence to speak English. Gradually, my English got better and better. I adjusted to school nicely. I have a best friends and many good friends. I was upgraded to the year 2, 2 months after I started school. Now I am 7 years old and study in year 4. I am the youngest student in senior hub. I have won many awards in my school.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Ashaswi,

    Wow, that's amazing! You should be very proud of yourself. It can't have been easy learning a whole new language. How many languages can you speak? I'm glad you had lots of people around you, supporting you through this challenge.

    Keep up the great blogging! :)

    Talk soon,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about