Pages

Monday 14 September 2020

My shadow poetry response

#Finished? 

The connections I can make to the poem is the song angel of darkness.😋

The poem is organized in 4 stanzas, each stanza has 4 lines.😲. The rhyming pattern of the poem is AABB, AABB, AABB, and AABB.😊

The tone of the poem is describing because it is describing the shadow.💐💎

The poetic devices I found in this poem are personification when it says "I see him jump before me" because doesn't your shadow do the exact same things that you do at the exact same time?. Some alliteration "very, very" because both of them begin with the same letter at the start they even begin ARE the same word! Also "at all" "sometimes shoots" "that there's" "at all"  "stays so" "Sadow sticks" "an arrant"... OOF that's aLOt of alliteration!😳

The meaning of the poem is how your shadow has to do your every move and how your shadow isn't free to do what it wants.😱

The poet want's us to think about how our shadow copies our every move without making a mistake I think? Well, it was what I thought while I was reading the poem!😮😣My Shadow by Robert Louis Stevenson | Kids poems, Funny poems, Poetry for  kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about